Monday, July 30, 2018

100 DAYS OF SCHOOL!

Yay!  We are 100 days smarter!  We have spent the past 100 days learning lots of new things, trying out new challenges, and celebrating our success.
Today we celebrated with a day filled with activities all based on the number 100! Kids were asked to bring 100 things to school.     Kosmo made a huge collection of leaves.  Very creative Kosmo!  The teachers set out HEAPS of activites for us to chose from.  We had a little checklist so we could keep track of which activity stations we had completed.  We even got to make our own snack - fairy bread with 100s and 1000s!




 There was a scavenger hunt.  We had to find love hearts with numbers from 1 to 100 inside them and put them on the wall in the hallway, in the correct order.  We still can't find number 16 - let us know if you see it please!

The boys worked so well together to get the numbers in the right order... it was a real team effort!



At another station we got to make 100 glasses and 100 days smarter hats.  These kids had a great time chatting and making their glasses and hats together.



One of the most popular stations, was the SNACK station!  We were able to make our own fairy bread with 100s and 1000s!  It was delicious. 



We made portraits of what we might look like when we are 100 years old!


Our Parents were invited.  Here is a photo of Kosmo's mum working with some of the kids.


 There were so many activities to choose from!  We skip counted to 100 in 2s, 5s and 10s.  We built things with 100 pieces of Lego and we stamped 100 fingerprints!


We completed number puzzles based on using the 100s board.  
Some of us made a cup tower with 100 cups!


The girls were busy making a paper chain.  It needed to have 100 links in it.  The girl were practising their maths by working out how many more they needed to add to get to 100. 
Such clever cookies they are!


The boys had a turn at making a paper chain too.  They made ten groups of ten strips of paper so that they would know they have the right amount of links in their chain.
How's that for clever thinking!



 Our 100 day celebration was fabulous!  We had a blast!


100 Days -By Elliot
I had fairy bread and I made a cup tower.  I brought 100 popcorn kernels.  I especially had fun playing with my friends.

100 Days - By Kosmo
Yesterday was col cos it had been 100 days and my Mum came to have a look but she wanted to do some activities with me.  First we did the monster and then we did the highlighter sheet.  The I did fairy bread.  You butter the brea and then sprinkle 100 and 1000s on it and eat it.

100 Days - By Quinn B
When we were 100 days smarter, we had a party.  We had 100 activities.  Me and Guy made the monster first and me and Braxton made the 100 cup tower and I made fairy bread.  I made something with 100 pieces of Lego.

100 Days - By Lloyd
Yesterday we celebrated being 100 days smarter.  We could chose what we wanted to do.  Me and Zac made a paper chain but we didn't finish it... it was too late.  We made fairy bread.  It was yummy!

100 Days - By Zachary S
When we were 100 days smarter we did 100 cup tower and we made fairy bread.  We played hopscotch.

100 Days - By Kade
Yesterday me and my favourite friends Mrs Lunn, Jacob and Kosmo made the monster and we made fairy bread and we celebrated too.  We were one hundred days smarter!

100 Days - By Kento
We had a 100 day party and we made glasses and we made hats.  We had heaps of fun.  It was the best day ever.  I chose to make hats and glasses.

100 Days - By Jorja
We were celebrating bing 100 days smarter.  We built a cup tower.  Mrs Kenyon took old photos.  We made fairy bread.  We made glasses.

I am now 100 years old and I am a grandpa so I don't need to go to school anymore.
Jacob N


I made fairy bread and I made a cup tower with a hundred cups and Braxton was in the tower.
Mason


I had fun. I made fairy bread. It was yummy. I had so much. It was very fun.
Brooke

Today it was 100 celebration day and I heard the bells ring and I sat down and the teachers were talking
and the other teachers were still getting the games ready and then they let us go and play and I went to
make the glasses. I loved it.
Neva









No comments:

Post a Comment