Tuesday, May 29, 2018

WALKATHON

On a freezing cold Tuesday morning, we braved the cold and took part in the Walkathon.  We are raising money for our School playground.  We had to walk or run for 1 whole hour!  Our Mums, Dads, Nanas and Grandads were welcome to come along and walk with us.  The teachers were impressed with how far we ran/walked.  Here's a few photos....
 
  

  


At the Walkathon, we ran for one hour.  I got tired.  My legs hurt but I kept on running.  I had lots of fun.
By Brooke

One cold day we went to do the Walkathon.  I ran fast like a cheetah and I got 35 laps.  Then I got puffed.
By Ruby

One school day I ran to get marks for money.  I did 33 laps.  At the end I had a lime drink.  It was sweet and sour but I liked it very much.  I was as fast as a lion.  I don't like running but I still did it because I don't give up.  I ran as fast as I could.
By Holly H

One day we did the Walkathon.  We ran down Juliana Place, Slacks Road and back into Riverdale School.  I got 48 checkpoints.  I was puffed but I still ran until we were all finished.
By Quinn B

On my card I got 38 checkpoints.   I really wanted a prize or certificate.  I went for Juliana lace to Slack's Road and back into Riverdale School.  There were three teachers on duty.  They were the people that gave you a line on your card every time you went by them.  I ran and walked and I only had 1 minute left at the end because I was so busy looking at my house and my puppy was looking out the window.  I love her and I feed her but I couldn't mess around, so I went!
By Quinn G

One cold day when it was the Walkathon I liked it but not a lot because i got puffed out.  I got 35 laps.  May parents were impressed with me.  Then I fell asleep.
By Ava T

The Walkathon was so tiring because we had to go in and our of school as many times as possible  I had so much fun because I met some Awatapu kids.  I also saw Jo at the Walkathon.  At the Walkathon we had to wait for the time to go.  While we waited I did some star jumps and push ups.  When the timer stopped I had 36 marks on my card.  "Wow!"  I said.  "How did I do that?" I said.  "That's so fast.  I bet that's the most marks I've had in my life".  WE lined up ready to go to class.  That was the end... of the Walkathon.  When we got to the hall I had juice.  The juice was so yummy.  After that we went to class and had morning tea.  On Friday it will be Cross country.
By Amon

No comments:

Post a Comment